How it works
Second Outing is a peer-to-peer platform that connects a community of lenders and lendees to share luxury clothes, shoes and accessories in an easy and trusted way.
- CREATE YOUR PROFILE – the more detail you provide, the more comfortable other users will be to rent your items.
- LIST AN ITEM– Check out our Second Outing tips to help you get the most out of sharing your wardrobe!
- ITEM APPROVAL- all items are verified by us before going live. In some cases, we will ask for more information or proof of purchase/authenticity before we can approve a listing.
- BOOKING REQUESTS– when your listing is live, keep an eye out for booking requests in your account dashboard. From here you can accept, decline or negotiate the booking with your lendee using the private messaging system.
- POST YOUR ITEM- When the booking is confirmed; prepare your item and post using a tracked (and ideally, signed for) courier service. Send promptly to ensure the lendee receives their item on time for the start of the agreed rental.
- UPDATE– let your lendee know when their item is on the way by sending a message with the tracking details.
- ITEM RETURNED– once your item is returned, take the necessary steps to clean and prepare the item for the next outing.
- REVIEW– building a trusted community relies on honest feedback. Be sure to leave a review for your lendee at the end of the booking. The highest rated lenders will be considered for account verification.
- ENJOY YOUR EARNINGS- after a completed rental the money will be available in your account within 7 working days.
- CREATE YOUR PROFILE– the more detail you provide, the more comfortable lenders will be to share their items.
- BROWSE THE COLLECTION – find the items you love by browsing the categories at the top of the page or using the search bar, if you’re looking for something more specific.
- ARRANGE A BOOKING – when you find an item you wish to rent, use the calendar feature on the product page to request a booking that suits you. Don’t need to arrange a booking just yet? Simply add to your wishlist for later. Use the private messaging system to discuss any questions you have with the lender.
- RECEIVING ITEM- keeping in contact with the lender throughout, aim to be available to receive your delivery. When you have your item, check all is as expected. If you have any questions, contact the lender to find a resolution or visit our FAQ’s.
- ENJOY YOUR RENTAL- Look and feel great, knowing you’re wearing quality pieces for a fraction of the RRP and helping the planet at the same time.
- RETURN- On the final day of the booking, send the item back promptly using a tracked (and ideally, signed for) courier service.
- REVIEW- building a trusted community relies on honest feedback. Be sure to leave a review for your lender at the end of the transaction.
- SHARE- At Second Outing, we love to see how you’ve been styling your rental pieces. Share your fit pics with us by tagging @second_outing on Instagram.
- PLAN YOUR NEXT RENTAL- search again or use your wishlist to plan your next rental!
Lenders are solely responsible for the cleaning of their items. Always follow the instructions on your garment to clean correctly. See our cleaning tips as a general guide to increasing the lifespan of your clothing.
All items must be sent and returned using a tracked postal or courier service, such as the Royal Mail. Users should update with tracking numbers when sent.
Rented something you’d love to add to your own collection? We also offer the option for lenders to sell their items through the site.
Second Outing aims to build and maintain the ultimate menswear rental community.
Our review system is in place to build trust between users, and our private messaging system is a secure way for users to ensure the best transaction experience.
You can follow us on Instagram @second_outing for the latest news. Share your outfit pics with us by tagging us in your photos, and we will feature our favourites each week!
Second Outing approve each listing before it goes live to ensure the best selection of items are available for our community.
Any disputes between users we encourage to be resolved between the two parties, however when this isn’t possible, Second Outing will step in to resolve disputes escalated to the resolution centre. Visit our T&C’s for more information.